i have, too, been playing with fifty-two cards. just 'cause i play so far from my vest... whatever i've got i've got no reason to guard. what could i do but spin my best?
Monday, December 31, 2007
it's been a long december
things to remember from the twelve months past:
1. honesty really is the best policy
2. nothing in the world replaces a best friend
3. it's never too much information if someone really loves you
4. i am TOTALLY worth it
5. you will always, always reap what you sow
things to forget:
1. not a damn thing. don't forget any of it. : )
okay, i hope everyone has a safe and happy new year's eve, and i will catch you guys on the flipside, when i will be a much better blogger. holla holla. xoxo
Monday, December 17, 2007
there is a season
Sunday, December 16, 2007
p.s. i promise to start posting the silly little happenings in my life again soon, and knock it off with this incense-burning, colored-aura, self-reflection bs. : )
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
ain't it the truth
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
time to update, i suppose
it's been crazy here. and by here i mean at my office, at my house, and inside my head. my apologies for not posting more; i used to be kind of a fiend, huh? maybe it has something to do with the weather... regardless, here's a list of top-of-my-head happenings:
- we're down ANOTHER co-worker for six weeks. *sigh* bring it on.
- my room is a disaster area. i really really really need to clean it. mess outside, mess inside, you know? time to clean at least one of them up. : )
- it's already december. i'm sure you all know that by now, but i cannot get my head around how fast the time is going.
- i tried TWO new things at the sushi place. i liked one very much, and i did not gag on the other. i may be a convert after all.
- monday was my dad's 60th birthday!!! and he spent it working on the farm. of course he did. : )
- i haven't bought groceries in like a month and have been living off of fried food. i guess it's never too early to start putting on that holiday weight, huh?
- i think i want a new car, and
- i know i want some new clothes. i bought a new shirt the other day and it struck me, i haven't bought a single article of clothing in like six months. i bum around in the same sh*t every day. this needs to be remedied so that i can stop looking like an orphan.
well i guess the top of my head is not that interesting because i am, as usual, boring to the point of depressing. there's more, you know. much more. but you'll have to just wait on that. : )
Friday, November 30, 2007
feel good, inc.
Monday, November 26, 2007
on the homefront, my darling roommate / future boss (when he's elected president he's promised me the position of press secretary. SCORE!) turned 24. welcome to the club, good sir. he'll be getting a letter from aarp soon, yeah? we're sad here for two reasons: a) i was in mtn. home on his birthday this weekend. baby hates to miss a birthday, especially one belonging to someone as dope-ass as slade, and b) we switched glasses. neither of us can see a damn thing.
i have nothing exciting to report. nothing at all. i'll keep you posted. maybe i'll stub my toe or something and then i'll have something to bitch about. holla holla. : )
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
thanksgiving, king of holidays
melissa's thanksgiving dinner (from beginning to end)
1) sit on couch
2) yell at dad in the kitchen to see if he needs any help
3) secretly hope he does not need any help
4) go to the table when you're called
5) ooh and ahh over all the delicious food (you don't even have to pretend because OF COURSE it will be delicious)
6) offer to help clean up
7) secretly hope dad tells you to relax while he cleans up
8) slip into trytophan coma
9) love your dad, love him all the way to the moon and back
THE END. happy thanksgiving. love love.
Monday, November 19, 2007
hey, remember me?
p.s. now that the wedding and all it's festivities are over, when will i see the tulsans (and my one okc-er) again? hmmm... let's make a plan.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
life lesson #6822: don't eat potato soup and two rolls with butter AND honey for lunch if you want to stay awake through the rest of your work day. this video is hilarious. i will have to view it a minimum of 61 more times in order to avoid cubicle-napping. happy tuesday. : )
p.s. thanks for the finger-crossing. i think it's helping...
Monday, November 12, 2007
highest highs, lowest lows
Thursday, November 8, 2007
quiero vivir aqui
bridesmaids, looking very bridesmaid-y. and aren't we all so tan and cute? yes, we are.
mr. and mrs. munsell. this was the most gorgeous wedding i've ever been to. jeff and jenny looked perfect and their vows were so touching and i cried my little eyes out. you could literally feel love radiating from everyone's pores. it was mushy, mushy, mushy, and totally amazing.
this is a picture from this rockin' church we found. i felt like a better person when i walked out of there, even though i didn't speak to anyone. it's probably better that i didn't. : )
Friday, November 2, 2007
my brain hurts
so i was pulling up my flight itinerary yesterday and i saw a little link to a website with helpful information for travelers. i clicked on it, and it had most of your basic stuff for mexico (don't drink the water, pack plenty of sunscreen, blah blah blah). but one thing struck me as interesting... this site advised packing anti-diarrhea medicine. wow. now, on the one hand, i don't necessarily want to be the girl who brought meds to keep from getting the runs. on the other hand, i don't want to be the girl who thought it would be dumb to bring it and then wishes later that she had. what to do, what to do. any thoughts?
i hope everyone has a good weekend. expect plenty of pictures upon my return. xox
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
thumbs DOWN monday...
but we seriously had a good time. so why thumbs down monday? i got to work at 6am, and came home at 8:30. i started getting all shaky and sweaty and pale and i felt like i was going to black out at about 7:15. so then i puked (GROSS) and then i ate something. and i feel no better. *sigh* so i came home and i actually just woke up. it's 1pm. i loooove days off, but not at this price. boooo. tomorrow's a new day. fingers crossed that i make it until then.
Friday, October 26, 2007
big ups, thursday
Thursday, October 25, 2007
they could go ALL THE WAY
and did you see ANTM last night? what in the hell?!? i swear i've seen a lot of stuff in my life but that. was. AWESOME. (sorry about your car man, that sucks.) (the previous set of parentheses is a shout for anyone who loves chris farley as much as i do. as a matter of fact, as i was typing "chris" just now i accidentally put a "t" on the end of it. maybe it was no accident.) anyhow, ebony totally bailed and let mediocre ambreal stay when really that girl should've been bye-bye last week, in my opinion. arg. this cycle is BOring and it's driving me crazy. i miss jaslene.
seriously? i'm making no sense right now. must be red sox fever. : ) it's 6:41am. and i came to work to work and not to blog so i'd better get back to it. game two tonight!!! woo hoo!
Monday, October 22, 2007
do good feel good
these firefighters were dancing to "push it." and when i say dancing, i mean BREAKIN IT DOWN. seriously. they were awesome.
funny, i don't remember asking him to come with me....
like a fool, i took no pictures of my sweet sister or my daddy all weekend. what a TOOL. next time, next time i promise. i hope everyone had as good a weekend as i did. megs, good to see you. sisters make the gardens grow. okay, gotta hit the bricks. i think it's movie night...
Friday, October 19, 2007
ramble ramble ramble
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
fun with flatlanders
i think this one of brooke is adorable and hilarious at the same time. she's much braver than i am when staring at the business end of an extreeeme close-up. i'm pretty sure she was saying, "these shoes SUCK."
so at the homecoming game aka breeziest day of all time, kat came to say hello. and while she was at it, the wind caught her hair just so for this AWESOME picture (oooooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains... they ain't messin' around y'all). she looks like she's in an after-school special. but she's one of those kids. you know, the ones who DRINK at the PROM. are you crazy? you are just asking for trouble. so anyway that's about it. where am i in the slideshow, you ask? i wasn't really there, i guess. : ) so now it's the end of a very long day, i'm feeling less sick, eating a turkey sammie, watching america's next top model (OF COURSE i am), and getting ready to work another, oh, 10 1/2 hours tomorrow. wish me luck. : ) and IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, my sweet little meg pie started a blog after much pressure and duress. be sure to check her out. she is all the good things i am, only to a much higher degree. later gators.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
la lista de martes
b) i felt like a fish out of water at the homecoming game, which is a bit strange for a social butterfly like me. there were, however, moments of glory, such as the white girls-gang signs tribute above. yes, i'm wearing a tu t-shirt. no, i did not go to school there. do somethin'.
c) someone got fired at my office monday. i will not miss her, but i will miss her being there to do her work. as it is, all of it's been split among us. i was busy before this happened.
d) i am sick sick sick. this is the first cold i've had in a loooong time and i feel like i may die. my throat hurts and my chest hurts and my head hurts and i took a three hour nap after work today. i do not have time to be sick right now. please see letter (c).
e) i just got a belated birthday card from miss jenn jenn, a left-behind and much-missed ex-coworker. thanks sugar. : )
f) dear jesus or god or mother nature or whoever, i know you're busy with kat's request to lose 5 lbs before mexico, but if you have time, i'd like to drop about 30. amen.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
i am at the end of my rope today due to complete thoughtlessness from others and my foolish willingness to believe it is unintentional. it's mounted and mounted and mounted, and now here i am, FURIOUS and frustrated. no need for details; you never know who is spying. but suffice it to say i've had enough and the lid has blown. i can see the end of this ugly streak from where i am, so i should be back to sunshine-y me soon. until then, i will try to remain as normal as possible. after all, no one wants to hug a cactus.
Monday, October 8, 2007
master of my domain
slade has no recollection of this moment. he was announcing my birthday to the entire bar. this is why we are friends. : )
mr. mike is the very bestest. especially for putting up with me when i'm in this mood.
that's about all i got today, kids. i'm worn out from this picture business. okay i'm going to bed now. maybe i'll be more exciting tomorrow. kiss kiss. night night.
Friday, October 5, 2007
party like a rockstar
so it's friday and it's about damn time. at this time tomorrow i will be sleeping and not working. that thought is more than likely enough to keep me going today. and since saturday night will probably see me drowning in beer, i think i shall take this evening to order a pizza, drink a glass of wine (or two or three) and watch aladdin, the incredibles, the little mermaid, or finding nemo. or all of them. who knows?
take it easy, friends. have a good weekend. and if you're in the greater little rock area tomorrow night and want to see me look short in comparison to someone, give me a call.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Monday, October 1, 2007
set out the cheese, i'll bring the whine
Friday, September 28, 2007
who can take the sunshiiiine...
Friday, September 21, 2007
best week ever
i'm in a hurry, so....
- my birthday was a HUGE success and thank you all so much for the sweet birthday wishes!!! love love love love love. : )
- my digital camera came in and it. is. AWESOME! i think i'm ready to take my blogging to the next level by adding pictures that i actually took.
- my sweetheart eleise made me a homemade birthday meal last night, including a cake with candles. and everyone sang. and i may have teared up a little in my excitement.
- I GOT A TOP MODEL BARBIE FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!! who wants to come over?
- my buddy timmy works at the cable company and last night on channel 5 my birthday was announced. and megan's. and timmy doesn't even know megan. this makes him A+ in my book.
- it's f-f-f-f-friiiiiiiiday!
- i just got off the phone with my mommy and this much i know: anyone with whom you can discuss at length your mutual love for the brave little toaster is more than just a parent.
- speaking of the brave little toaster, sweet sister is mad because i decided if she were in that movie she'd be the blanket. it's not an insult megan so LOCK IT UP. : )
- i'm going to tul-city with kat tonight. you know what the midwest is? young and restless. just ask kanye.
- time to work now.
- thanks again for showing the birthday love. it's my own personal christmas and you are all santa to me. xoxoxo
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
it's. my. BIRTHDAY!!!
i'm sure you realize that it is not my birthday alone. of course it is megan's birthday too. and people always say, "someday you'll get sick of birthdays and sick of getting older and they won't be as big of a deal." yeah, well, i call BULLSH*T because as long as meg and i have each other, birthdays will never lose their flavor. i only wish she was here to celebrate! so, the happiest of birthdays, my darling meg mcmuffin. you are the tune i hum, the song i sing, and the freestyle i spit. i love you the most. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
one more thing and then i really need to shower... the most important thing i've learned since last year is to take care of yourself first. i'm too good at loving on and cheering on other people through ups and downs and not good enough at turning that positivity inward. but i'm trying... and so help me god, by the time i turn 25, i'll be an old pro. : )
happy birthday to meeeeeeeee!!!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
the final countdown
this is the first birthday in a long time where i actually feel a whole year older. i look a little different, too. i've learned quite a bit since last september and it feels good to be turning 24. i feel like i've earned a new age for all i've put myself through and all that's been thrust upon me. i'd go into detail, but you've probably already heard my piece more than once. : ) so now it's your turn. what's the most important thing you've learned since your last birthday? c'mon, don't be shy. it won't be all about me until tomorrow. : )
Sunday, September 16, 2007
so about myspace...
Thursday, September 13, 2007
ain't nothin gon break my stride
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
goodbye ruby tuesday
today... not so much. tatum left for brazil this morning, and i know she'll only be gone for six weeks, but her departure date a) got here before i could get used to the idea of her not being around, and b) coincides with my date with the lung doctor. i don't want to go. enough time has passed that it's kind of easy to forget there was ever a problem in the first place so i'm a little anxious and worried. and i wanted tatum to be there but she is leaving on a jet plane. and she won't be back until like halloween. and she is my favorite roommate. and also my sweetheart. and my bestest friend. and all of this makes melissa a NOT HAPPY girl today.
i'm not gonna lie... i have already cried (it's only 9am for pete's sake). i cried like a little girl cutting the biggest onion EVER. hopefully thursday will be a little nicer to me.
Monday, September 10, 2007
- friday night at the saucer. UNBELIEVABLE, i know. and in case you're wondering, you can throw all the darts you have in your hands and all of them stick to the board. i mean, you can if you're rad like i am.
- if you're standing outside in the street on your cell phone and you see a suspicious vehicle, go ahead and make your way back to the house. or, you can just stand there and be yelled at by a hooligan. your choice.
- GET UP BEFORE 11 AM. good god, what are you, 17?
- people who are not from the south can make a pretty mean pecan pie. who would've guessed?
- do not try to sneak a cigarette in the driveway when your roommates have noses like hound dogs.
- everything really is nicer on a 42" plasma tv. it's especially nice if it doesn't cost you a dime. hooray for roommates with big dreams and good credit. : )
- two glasses of red wine will not only relax you, it will knock your ass out.
okay, that's basically all the wisdom i have to pass on for now. hope everyone made the most of their weekends. and i hope none of you has monday worry knots in your stomach like i do.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
gimme a beat
Friday, August 31, 2007
new kids on the block
yo yo yo it's the last day of august. which means the official birthday countdown starts tomorrow. come on down, 24. baby's ready to get old!
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
harder better faster stronger
2) i'm back to kicking total ass at work. you can't handle me, cubicle. don't even try.
3) birthday is only 22 days away. and 22 is my favorite number. and birthday is my favorite day.
4) kanye west's new cd comes out on the 11th. that ain't far, folks. and I. AM. READY.
5) august aka hottest month EVER is coming to a close. and september smells like freshly-sharpened pencils, chocolate cake with buttercream icing, and temperatures less than 100 degrees.
6) i haven't got much else to say. EXCEPT....
7) let's hang out soon. i haven't seen some of you in far too long. you know, we've got a three-day weekend coming...
Thursday, August 23, 2007
i'm ready i'm ready i'm ready
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
and this is the truth
Friday, August 17, 2007
ugh jeez maaaaan
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
just when you think sunday is worthless... do yourself a favor and go watch all of them.
Friday, August 10, 2007
clap clap clap your hands
also, there's a meteor shower this weekend. iiiiiiiii love 'em. according to msn.com, sunday night after midnight is the best time to see them, and apparently this one is going to be badass. hopefully i don't get hit with a meteor while i'm laying in the backyard staring at the sky.
my horoscope this morning said that my recent turmoil at work and home would work itself out and that my energies would center this weekend. consider me centered, folks. it's friday, it's the 222nd day of the year, it's t minus 40 days until my birthday, and everything is okay.
it's a good vibe day, a day of good vibes. hope yours is the same, and have a good weekend!
p.s. look to your right.... SAME NIGHT SAME NIGHT! : )
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
sweet and sour jesus...
ANYWHO i have been bzz bzzz bzzing like a little bee for the last little bit and there is no end in sight. i've been trying to whistle while i work but it's hard to whistle when you're crying WHEN LORD WHEN?!? WHEN'S GON BE MY TIME? name that movie (COUGHi'm talking to you meganCOUGH). what i'm getting at (not so coherently) is that i've been b-b-b-busy up at the ol' office job and i'm beginning to lose my patience. they ought to pay me double what i make just for putting up with it. i know i know, oh my god melissa's complaining. how VERY unlike her. : ) so i'll zip it and show you the only two pics i've got (for now) from new yawk:
this one is of my mommy's garden. i loooove the smell of basil. and that back porch is rockin.' (ha! that's what she said.)
have you ever read anything by richard russo? if you haven't you should check out nobody's fool (or you could watch the movie. it's amazing. paul newman. melanie griffith. of course it's amazing.) anyhow, the book is set in bath, ny and i didn't know that that was an actual place until we drove through on the way back to buffalo. my lovely and obliging mother pulled over so that i could get this picture. it probably means nothing to anyone but me. and that's just fine. : )
Thursday, August 2, 2007
no fists on hips, no scowling
- tomorrow is friday.
- i had spinach dip for dinner and it was YUMMO.
- my luggage is back! they found my luggage!
- lil meg will be here in less than 24 hours.
- did i tell you about the spinach dip because it was great.
- no one's home right now. mmmm quiet.
- weekend weekend weekend and just off of a vacation. what a lucky girl. : )
- everyone's blogging a lot and I LOVE IT.
- i guess that's about it.
- oh wait!
- august is almost september. COME ON BIRTHDAY.
that, friends, is a sizeable amount about which to be glad. good day. I SAID GOOD DAY.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
oh boy am i pissed
Monday, July 30, 2007
tick tock tick tock
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
oh em gee
awwwwwww hell yeah. clapton's on the radio. and i still have a shitload to do. later gators.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
no love for jobs
special thanks to toothpastefordinner.com for always knowing exactly what to say. they're my hallmark. only free. and funny. and available online. okay it's quiet time.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
damn you central arkansas
okay, back it up. this is an entire post about bug bites. that's sad. i will not be posting again until i have something more interesting to report. like maybe my discovery of a vaccine for mosquito bites.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
lovin me some today
1) blogging gives me another chance to make a list. i'm starting to be kind of a list person.
2) it's f-f-f-friiiiday!
3) i got paid today with some FAT overtime what whaaat.
4) everyone's been updating like crazy! i love it!
5) big mike might be coming to town this weekend. oh please oh please oh please!
6) my sister is the proud new owner of mr. thomas o'malley, the un-alley cat.
7) i slept like a log last night. it's been a while.
8) i'm as into the urban dictionary as jackie is. i get daily emails. : )
9) my refrigerator is full of beer. like, so full the door may or may not be completely shut.
10) my number ten reason for being in a good mood is the above nine reasons. nine good things! what a lucky lady!
call me this weekend. all of you. i'll be either sober or drunk or on my way to one or the other. but no matter my alcohol intake, i'll be spreading the love. : )
Thursday, July 12, 2007
am i the only one?
Monday, July 9, 2007
how things are
a) okay so i cheated on the harry potter reading. i watched the first two movies (there's no extra info in the books anyway) and i'm now in the middle of the third book.
b) harry potter weekend was interrupted by a traveller (traveler?)'s game saturday night, at which i had a blast and experienced the following (LOOK OUT! SUB-LIST!):
1) we won. in the bottom of the 9th. it was awesome.
2) we were on the jumbo-tron. which is pretty impressive if you're from mtn. home. but since i am completely photo-phobic i didn't really see it. i just hid my face and heard about it when it was done.
3) i ate my weight in frito chili pie. not smart.
c) speaking of my weight, i learned that i have gained 3/4 of what i'd lost back since i had all that lung stuff, quit smoking, stopped working out, and started eating like i have worms. i do not have worms, by the way.
d) speaking of smoking (wow, i'm getting good at these segways), i think it's really going well. i've had a few here and there. but nothing i would be ashamed to tell my doctor. woooo hooo! my body loves me again! well, my lungs do anyway. : )
e) my job is a BITCH and i'm sick of it. must. graduate. from. college. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. at least then i could say i have some chance of things getting better.
f) jenny called today and she's all ecstatic about the invites. me too, jenny!
g) and finally, i just got off the phone with kathleen, my dearest darling. and you know what? talking about groceries and boys and outdated dating lingo just really made my whole day. mmmmmm baby loves you kat. : )
and so this concludes what was intended to be a short post but has instead turned into a novel. thanks for tuning in. how was your monday?