Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
we all know that if anyone can drive a joke into the ground, it's this girl. and with that thought in mind, i decided to put "that's what she said" on the shelf a few weeks ago and try something new. and the something new of which i speak involves the constant repetition of the word "buttholes." (hear me out; i swear to god it's awesome.)
it's quite simply, really. it works like this: say you and a friend are having a conversation about weekend activities, and your friend is trying to convince you to go somewhere. your friend might say, "come on, dude. it could be fun." you might then say, "buttholes: come on, dude. it could be fun." this sounds totally lame, and i fully understand that you might, at this point, find yourself confused as to why this entertains me to no end (although if you know me well at all you know that i am the world's most easily entertained human). but i promise that if you at least give it a try, you won't regret it. (i.e. --- buttholes: i promise that if you at least give it a try, you won't regret it.) (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!)
maybe you hate it, maybe you don't get it, maybe it'll be your new favorite thing. just wanted to share. xoxo
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
not today, and not tomorrow, but i'm moving to california next summer, when my lease is up. i am more excited and more terrified of this than i think i have been about anything i've ever done.
- selling most of my things to purchase new(er) things there
- parting ways with my sweet, sweet malibu (i'm not that torn up about this one)
- finding a job and an apartment and some new friends
and, in addition to the above stressful chores, i will also have to:
- get used to the fact that i'll be thousands of miles away from my family (i can already feel the tears welling up)
- be a plane ride away from friends i see all the time (i hate it so bad, i can't even tell you. this is a whole post in itself)
- come to terms with my insecurities in the land of the beautiful people
- understand that this could turn out to be the best or worst decision i've ever made (then again, i suppose every decision could be either the best or the worst one ever...), and be okay with letting the cards fall where they may
so i guess we'll just see what we see. this move is months and months away but there is much to do before then, starting with (for real this time) getting a second job. scott has already made it clear that he will do everything he can to make this transition as smooth for me as it can be, but i can't expect him to hand me a blank check, and this whole shift is going to cost some mega dollars. suggestions on gainful, part-time employment are welcome.
i may have been a little premature in posting all of this information. after all, disasters are unpredictable and all of this may have to be retracted. but i am nearly 100% certain that this is certain, that i am certain, that he is certain.
in conclusion (for now) to this incoherent train of thought, i suppose i can just leave you with this: i'm MOVING across the fucking COUNTRY for a BOY. who saw that coming?!?