Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
and then you laugh maniacally.
for like two solid minutes.
the moral of the story is: don't close the book on amusement, not until you are for sure asleep.
Monday, August 24, 2009
i have taken to going to the movies by myself in the last few years, and let me just tell you, i don't know if i ever enjoy any movie as much as the ones i watch alone (with the obvious exception of movies i can quote verbatim, i.e. tommy boy, drop dead gorgeous, aladdin, etc. these are all better when watched with someone who can also say the lines with the movie, and perform any musical numbers with pizazz). i mean, think about it, when one goes to the theater alone, one doesn't have to share popcorn or junior mints or coca-cola just because it's cost effective, one doesn't have to endure their companion's whispers or ill-timed laughs or any other variation on such interruptions, and (and this is a BIG ONE in my case) one doesn't force anyone else to endure one's whispers or ill-timed laughs. it's a win-win folks. plus plus plus, there's no "do you want to sit in the front or the back or the middle" seating debacle. plus plus PLUS, you can get there as early or late as you like, depending on your stance on previews (i personally do NOT like to miss the previews).
okay, granted, like any girl does, i sure do enjoy a date night at the movies, when homeboy buys the popcorn and maybe your hands brush going for some buttery goodness at the same time and you giggle like a teenager and he lets you grab his arm if you're scared (because he gets to pick the flick and he chooses a scary movie because he is a jerk and maybe because you picked the last time and made him see "27 dresses" or something similar) and all of that good stuff. but, i'm telling you, if you haven't sat in a cold theater with a huge box of sour patch kids and a big ol' dr. pepper that's all yours with no one in the seats on either side of you, then you should totally get on it. it's a whole new experience, and a good one at that.
Friday, August 14, 2009
i know you say these things to yourself in your head sometimes when you're in a funk, but since you have found yourself in this spot again with no progress in having a new and better reaction, i figured i'd write down some reminders for you in hopes that maybe they'll finally stick:
- not everything is a huge fucking problem. you act like the smallest nuisance is the end of the world sometimes, and it's getting old. you've seen some big bad shit before, and you've handled it (beautifully, if i may say so myself), so quit letting a crappy email or a missed phone call or a dumb comment weigh you down.
- get over yourself. yes, you're the center of your own little universe, as that's as it should be. but yours is the only universe center that you occupy, and that is also as it should be.
- it is no one's job but yours to make you feel better when you're down. you should really stop depending on anyone who will pick up the phone to do work that you know you can only do yourself.
- projecting your piss-poor attitude on your sisters, your parents, your friends, and your boyfriend is rude and will definitely bite you in the ass at some point. i know you've seen proof of that; i was there, remember?
- there is not, contrary to popular belief, a reason for everything that happens. you'd spend a lot less time drowning your boo hoos in wine if you'd quit searching for a non-existent answer. you are prone to over-analyzing, and it does nothing but wear you out.
please remember that i really love you and all your goofy neurotic tendencies. you know i think you're a bad ass, but there is always room for improvement. and this "wah wah, i'm in a funk" routine is really tired. funks serve no purpose but to waste your time and energy, and you always feel silly for having succumbed to them when they're over, don't you? you're bound to get the blues once in a while, but i'm just suggesting that you give in to them less often. i think you'll thank me later. don't forget, you don't have to be perfect to be better.
love you big time,
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
what have i been up to? oh, you know, same old shit. working playing losing weight gaining weight laughing dancing singing on stage (that's a new one) and did i mention drinking? so you haven't missed much, unless you've missed me. in which case, back atcha. still loving my messy little apartment and diggin' on my bad ass boyfriend. still giving mucho hugs and kisses and driving with the windows down. still putting off pedicures and eating too much cheese dip. things don't change much around here, folks.
anyhow, look forward to pictures, eventually. i recently purchased new batteries for my camera and i have missed several kodak moments as of late, so i'll be remedying that on the quick. you haven't seen my new(ish) place! you haven't seen how long my hair has gotten! you haven't seen my cute little laptop from which i am blogging RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND! lots to see, much to post.
love love love love love. catch you on the flip flop.