every time my life is busy, i wish everything would calm down. and then when the happenings are coming at a glacial pace, i wish for some excitement. i am currently dealing with the latter and hoping for something anti-boring to come along soon. sidenote: i realize that thoughts like this often bring a negative return. i'm knocking on wood, so don't get it twisted. dear gods of thanksgiving, please grant me the wisdom to appreciate the tempo of my life, regardless of the speed. i hope everyone has a great thanksgiving, and i'll leave you with my favorite recipe in response to elizabeth and kat:
melissa's thanksgiving dinner (from beginning to end)
1) sit on couch
2) yell at dad in the kitchen to see if he needs any help
3) secretly hope he does not need any help
4) go to the table when you're called
5) ooh and ahh over all the delicious food (you don't even have to pretend because OF COURSE it will be delicious)
6) offer to help clean up
7) secretly hope dad tells you to relax while he cleans up
8) slip into trytophan coma
9) love your dad, love him all the way to the moon and back
THE END. happy thanksgiving. love love.
That sounds like a great plan. Tell the old man that I said hi.
enjoy my dear! can't wait for the delivered hug!
Post a Comment