Wednesday, August 15, 2007

dear summer,

listen, i know i said i was ready for this, but now i know i'm not. i hoped and i waited for you to get here, and when you finally showed up everything was better. flip flops, sunglasses, late sunsets... we had fun, didn't we? but now i think that maybe i'm in over my head. i find myself starting to resent you. and that's not fair to either of us. lately i just feel like you're putting too much pressure me. i mean, i can't even stand outside for 5 minutes without breaking into a sweat. what's changed, and why? no, don't answer. it doesn't matter. let's just call this what it is: too much of a good thing. please don't cry; this is only temporary. and if you'll have me, i'm sure that there'll come a time when i'm begging you to come back. but for now, i think it's time you left. i'll never forget you.
love always,
melissa

9 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

*sniff* that was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

breakups are always sad.. but it only hurts for a little while

Anonymous said...

NO DON'T LET IT GO. I HATE LETTING SUMMER GO. EVEN IF IT IS 106. SNIFF SNIFF. SORRY!

Mr.Johns said...

Screw summer and good ridence. By the way what do you mean link up mr.johns? What the hell do you need to link up? I thought everyone could see my blog. The world NEEDS to see it. Talk to ya later

Elizabeth Spann said...

I am sweating right now. Eeew. Kat, let it go. It really is the best for everyone. Or for me. ;)

Leah Billings said...

Summer, shmummer. I personally think the whole season is over-rated. I love spring and fall and of course winter, but I could totally live without summer (at least the southern version...up north its quite enjoyable). Bring on the frosty temps and blustery days post haste.

Jax said...

hahahaha! I love it.. Very cute..

Attn Attn.. This is an impt message from my desk.. Are you going to be watching SYTYCD tonight? I actually tried to vote again last night. Lines were busy.. Damnit. uh-uhb-see-essed... clap.clap.clapclapclap.

care said...

last night I had to read this blog aloud to my boyfriend. he can read, but we decided it would be funnier with inflection.

and it was.

Sarah said...

best blog award... and i'm with you, come on fall! come on sweaters and cords and scarfs oh my! okay, so maybe we don't get to wear all the warm cozy stuff here, but a girl can dream, right? and at least i don't have to sweat [as much] in the cooler temps.