not today, and not tomorrow, but i'm moving to california next summer, when my lease is up. i am more excited and more terrified of this than i think i have been about anything i've ever done.
- selling most of my things to purchase new(er) things there
- parting ways with my sweet, sweet malibu (i'm not that torn up about this one)
- finding a job and an apartment and some new friends
and, in addition to the above stressful chores, i will also have to:
- get used to the fact that i'll be thousands of miles away from my family (i can already feel the tears welling up)
- be a plane ride away from friends i see all the time (i hate it so bad, i can't even tell you. this is a whole post in itself)
- come to terms with my insecurities in the land of the beautiful people
- understand that this could turn out to be the best or worst decision i've ever made (then again, i suppose every decision could be either the best or the worst one ever...), and be okay with letting the cards fall where they may
so i guess we'll just see what we see. this move is months and months away but there is much to do before then, starting with (for real this time) getting a second job. scott has already made it clear that he will do everything he can to make this transition as smooth for me as it can be, but i can't expect him to hand me a blank check, and this whole shift is going to cost some mega dollars. suggestions on gainful, part-time employment are welcome.
i may have been a little premature in posting all of this information. after all, disasters are unpredictable and all of this may have to be retracted. but i am nearly 100% certain that this is certain, that i am certain, that he is certain.
in conclusion (for now) to this incoherent train of thought, i suppose i can just leave you with this: i'm MOVING across the fucking COUNTRY for a BOY. who saw that coming?!?