Monday, June 25, 2007

big news weekend

for starters, we FINALLY got window units in our house, which means a few things: a) i can blow-dry my hair again (although i may not; i'm kind of loving the only 1/2 an hour it takes me to get around in the a.m.), b) i can go to sleep with clothes on and under both blankets, and c) i am super-tough for having made it through june with no a/c! hooray for melissa!

in other WAY HUGER news.... yes I QUIT SMOKING! saturday was my last day and i am officially smoke free. how about another hooray for melissa! it's not so bad now, but it's only been one day and maaaaaan did i miss that after dinner cigarette yesterday. anyhow, i'm on my way to being a non-smoker, so i can stop lighting my money on fire (i thought that pic was insanely appropriate).
so now i'm at work and i'm kind of dancing around in my chair still on the good-weekend high. got to see my daddy, megs and i hit the atrium (jesus, it's been too long!), i put down those damn camels, and my room is like an igloo. and now i'm humming. monday, don't you f*ck up this vibe.

8 comments:

Big Mike said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend, pretty girl. Kudos for triumphing over the nicotine beasts. I know it's gonna be hard, but I know you can do it. Love ya, lk

HotBloodInk said...

Congratulations on your new A/C and joining the non-smoking section. :)
Stay Strong!

BTW...I think you are crazy for living in AR in June without an air conditioner..

I'd would be dead or maybe just very very cranky.

Anonymous said...

i'm so proud that you're a nonsmoker. you're so tough. :) of course, you didn't need to quit smoking to prove it. i had an awesome weekend, hot stuff. we have to do that more often.

Anonymous said...

you way cooler without the fire stixs.

Stacia said...

CONGRATS on quiting smoking, I sure wish i could!

Pittman said...

Congrats and good luck on kicking the habit.

mercurial mary said...

It's been a year for me with no smokes! Best quitting I've ever done.

Sarah said...

i like how they have that little blanket over the window unit, as if making it way more attractive. baby, i'm glad you've got air!