Wednesday, January 27, 2010

i feel you, bro

so, today i really wanted to blog about what a big weenie i was being yesterday. i really wanted to tell you that i feel a ton better and that it's just one those funks i hate but am sadly prone to. i really wanted to express how i'm tough stuff and that yesterday's post was just a momentary glich in an otherwise smoothly-running system. i really wanted all of that.

instead, the hits just keep on coming. after giving my boss roughly seven weeks notice that i planned to leave this job, this city, this state, he informed me today that he won't be needing my services that long, and starting tomorrow i'm training someone to replace me. he wouldn't give me a definitive end date on my employment, but if it's more than another three weeks i'll be amazed. i guess it's true; no good deed goes unpunished, huh? now, this news clearly has several effects on me, as i'm sure it would on anyone. let's discuss what this means, shall we:
  • my first instict was to say "fuck it" and roll out. i don't need this shit. but i didn't do that. awww, lookey there. baby's growing up. :)
  • i kind of sort of saw this coming yesterday and i'm not at ALL ashamed to tell you that i called my mommy and shed some sad little tear droplets. i'm certainly not sad to be leaving this job (jesus i have been waiting and waiting), but because i have lost control of how it's happening.
  • i guess i'm gonna be down a paycheck and a half. awesome? no. not even kind of.
  • work should be SUPER fun for the next little while.
  • there really should be a special font for when one is being sarcastic. see above.

so check it, i'll still be here until march 7th(ish). i'll be damned if i'm going to let today's events spoil an otherwise rockin' plan to have a going-away party on the 6th. (uh, still no details on that, by the way. could we just go to a bar and play some darts or something? will you still come if it's low-key?) the goodbye "chores" i've been dragging my feet on have hit a sudden acceleration, but i've been extremely productive under pressure before, so this shouldn't break me. i'm developing a financial plan that should ensure my head is above water (and hopefully my shoulders too, and maybe even part of my torso) for the duration, so even though i'll be eating a lot of ramen and tuna fish, i'll be fine. and imagine all the gas money i'll save not driving to this fucking office every day! (seriously, i need a sarcasm font. i'm going to develop one soon.)

i'm all jumbledy, i know, but i guess my point is that i'm trying to keep my chin up. it's fine. i'm fine. that storm trooper and i are a little down in the dumps about our jobs getting blowed up, but really, we'll both be fine. i'm going to go home and drink a bottle of wine whilst formulating THE PLAN further. stay tuned. xox

5 comments:

Jax said...

Boo on the bastard! That sucks. But you'll just have to live a little more frugally whilst you pack and get excited for CALI!! :) And it will free up some time to look for jobbies out there, etc etc etc.. You're moving to LA, right? My friend works for Merle Norman (Alove). Want me to ask her if they have anything? :) She'd be glad to help since she moved out there on her own! just let me know- my email is: jackiem(lastname) @ gmail dot com. (yes, there is an "m" in between my first and last name on purpose) :) XOXO!

brooke knight said...

glad you are hanging in there, storm trooper! i know you're not going to let it get you too down, because you're a strong woman and it's all part of your great adventure! Love you sugar.

Elizabeth Spann said...

Boooo on them. Well, you're going to be amazing. You totally got this. In the meantime, you know we're here. :)

Jennifer said...

well that just sucks.

I love you Peg!

Hang in there sweetie!

Additionally, I'm kinda scared of Miya now. Let's try not to piss her off shall we.

Big Mike said...

Yes, I owe a high five to your boss. (I give my high fives in the form of a fist....to the face.)