- one alcohol- and fried food- filled memorial day weekend is enough to reverse any progress made on making body hotter
- i can, if i choose to, accomplish absolutely nothing in a 24-hour period
- i kick ass at catch phrase
- when you're moving, money disappears so quickly it damn near evaporates
- giving clothes away feels good
- finding clothes i forgot i had feels better
- time flies, whether you're having fun or not
- i somehow instinctively know how to scramble eggs
- staying home last night was a bigger treat for me than going out would've been
- my eyebrows have about a two-day period where i love them; other than that they are either too thin or too full
- i might miss my little yellow room on garvin ave. more than i thought i would
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
friday night: gusano's with megs, tatum, dulcinea, and dulcinea's brother for pizza and beers; willy d's with megan and cutie-patootie college kids at the next table; electric cowboy for a little (okay a lotta) ass shakin'.
saturday night: took the greatest shower ever taken by anyone, courtesy of one kat hills who advised me to take my time, and take my time i did; dinner and drinks with some sweet girls, one of whom was celebrating a biiiirthday (and you know my feelings on birthdays); dancing downtown to horrible music; then off to discovery (disco if ya hood, y'all) for a delightful drag show and loads of compliments from boys both gay and straight, of which i can never get enough.
sunday night: meggers came back to town, we met up with the cutie-patootie college kids at the saucer; then to sticky fingerz (by the way, were they having some sort of memorial day celebration or are beers there always only $2?!?); then to a new pal's gorgeous apartment for more drinking, dancing, and playing. additionally, i definitely DID get into the pool at 2am with nothing but my bra and panties on, in the pouring rain. i guess if you get on a treadmill three or four days a week your self-confidence goes through the roof. :)
and yesterday i just packed. packed and cleaned and decided what to trash and what to keep. I AM MOVING THIS WEEKEND OMG.
and that's about it, boys and girls. what did you get up to? and did you have fun doing it?
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
but i got to thinking about way back when today, and i started wondering about what my life was like before modern technology. i'm not as tuned in as some, but i email, blog, twitter, and all of that these days. i mean, i can remember when getting my own phone line at home was a huge deal and how hearing it ring would make my heart beat faster, knowing that someone was calling me specifically (or megan... we shared a line... i mean, we're twins and all... beside the point). and when i was 16, mama and meg and i all got cell phones, and we gave up the land line. and i can remember thinking how rebellious and maybe sort of crazy that seemed. i mean, that was our PHONE. i guess i didn't really understand how a cell phone would change things. and now, i rely on that sucker more than i care to admit. i hate being without my little lg and all its lovely ringtones and notices of voicemails and text messages. and i wonder, what would happen if i didn't have it? what would my life be like without a way to communicate at any time in any place? and what about this blog? would i still keep a journal if i didn't blog? probably, and i bet it would be a LOT more personal. i'm on twitter, i'm on facebook, i'm fully exposed. there are clearly pros and cons to the last decade or so's technological explosion, and this is a way bigger topic than i am willing to commit to discussing now, but i guess i'm just saying that this way back wednesday, i realize that, while my parents bored me with stories about life before color television, i'll be boring my kids with stories about letters that came with stamps on them. crazy, right?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
okay, i just needed to get that off my chest. i'm still cute i'm still cute i'm still cute i'm still cute i'll be even cuter one of these days i'm still cute i'm still cute. will keep this mantra on repeat until at least 15 lbs are bye bye.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
so, kris allen is officially in the finale of american idol. and since he's from conway, there's apparently a TON of stuff going on in town the next few days, most of which i'll miss because, while i live in conway, i'm only there about 30% of any given weekday. anyhow, i've met the guy once and so i get to pretend in my head that i am a small part of his success. psychotic delusional disorder aside, that feels pretty good.
this post is incoherent, boring, and not even slightly amusing. my apologies if you wasted your time reading it until the end. :)
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
and now, my wbw. i couldn't find a satisfactory picture of me or anyone else. (maybe the rain also makes me finicky?) so instead, i decided to take you way back in a different way: way back when THIS candy bar was the greatest invention of my young life:
anyone remember whatchamacallits? omg, i lived and died for them. perhaps the fact that i had one for a snack every day after school in the sixth grade has indirectly contributed to my serious issue with instant gratification...
all right, that's it. i'm out. workey work. then top model. then wine. then bed. xo
Sunday, May 3, 2009
- dangerous drive back from russellville yesterday going 15 mph below the speed limit west on I-40
- cancelled meiko concert at festival in town that i was really REALLY looking forward to
- saturday night at home instead of out, which was good for my body but bad for my mood
- sopping wet jeans bottoms all day every day
- overuse of windshield wipers and a reminder that i need to replace them both
- crazy hair... i am less than cute as a frizzy head